Our firm is dedicated to representing consumers and debtors in all areas of consumer law. Those areas include:
- Debtor Defense - If you are being sued by a creditor or a judgment has been rendered against you by a creditor, we can provide you with representation to explore your options and defenses to protect you from wage garnishments or bank attachments.
- Debt Settlement Companies - Often we see that when an individual is sued by their creditor(s), they have previously contracted with an out-of-state debt settlement company. These companies are typically doing business illegally in the State of Ohio and fail to provide the services provided. If you have contracted with one of these companies, you should contact us to ensure that your rights are being protected.
- Credit Reporting Errors - We understand the importance of making sure your credit report is correct as it can affect your ability to obtain home mortgages, vehicle loans, student loans, employment and more. If a creditor is inaccurately reporting information on your credit report, we can walk you through the process of getting the information corrected and represent you in claims arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA")
- Debt Collection and Creditor Harassment - While creditors have the right to collect on debts, there are various state and federal laws in place that prohibit them from engaging in harassing, deceptive and abusive collection practices. Our firm will represent you in claims against such debt collectors to ensure that your rights are protected.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA") - Often debt collection and marketing occur via telephone, text message, fax and email. His federal law limits the manner in which businesses and debt collectors can use telecommunications to contact consumers, including prohibiting the use of auto dialers and robocalls. Our attorneys have successfully pursued TCPA claims against businesses and debt collectors and we are prepared to do the same for you.
- Automobile Fraud/Lemon Law - whether you purchased a new or used vehicle, you have rights. There are many state and federal laws and regulation that auto dealers must follow. If you have recently purchased and vehicle and have any issues, give us a call.
- Consumer Transactions/Contracts - On a daily basis, consumers contract with business or various services and products. Occasionally, these businesses fail to adequately perform or deliver as promised. If you contracted with a business and are unhappy with the quality of service or product received, we can advise you of what possible recourse you may have.